Knee is categorised as a large and very important functional joint for human being. It helps the individual to move from place to place to carry out the functional and activity of daily living. If any thing goes wrong with it, active life style get hindered and contemporary life is so hectic that individual can't afford to stay at one place. Therefore looking after your knee and proper knee care is very much essential for active and functional life style.
Pain in the knee and around the knee joint has similar ratio in young generation as well as and individuals entered 5th decade of their life. Young people are suffering because of hectic life style and don't get time for sports and physical exercises. Older people are the victim because of degeneration of joint and muscle.
REASONS FOR KNEE PAIN AND KNEE DAMAGE
1. Running on treadmill with ill fitted shoes. 2.Obese individual. 3. Deformities at hip, knee, or ankle joint. 4.One limb shortening.
5. Any infection or malignancy. 6.Muscular weakness. 7. Trauma to knee(fracture, ligament injury, muscle injury). 8.Idiopathic .
KNEE CARE GUIDELINES
1. Do not run bare foot on treadmill.
2. Better to run on ground than on treadmill.
3. Avoid cross legged sitting.
4. Avoid squatting .
5. Avoid much of stair climbing.
6. Avoid walking on uneven surfaces.
7. Aged people should use support for walking(stick, or walker)
8. Regular knee strengthening exercises.
9. Correction of deformity at hip, knee, or at ankle joint ( if any).
10. Lastly MOTION IS LOTION so keep walking.